Charlotte Motor Speedway is sure to be a memorable race experience for you. Not only is this one of the most famous tracks in racing, it is also home base for many of the major race team headquarters. See the links below for information on this great track and area attractions.
- Can I take a cooler in?
- Yes! You can take a cooler into all three facilities - Charlotte Motor Speedway, zMax Dragway and The Dirt Track. Coolers need to be 14"x14"x14" or smaller and contain no glass. Just one cooler per person. They do not need to be soft sided or clear.
- Can I take an umbrella into the track?
- No, umbrellas are not allowed.
- What is the closest airport?
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport is the closest (link)
- What is the actual address?
- If you are using a GPS unit: 5555 Concord Parkway South, Concord, NC 28027
- All three facilities are located off of Interstate 85, exit 49 on Bruton Smith Blvd (about 1 mile).
- What else can I do in the area?
- Stay an extra day! Most of the teams have their shops located nearby. Several of the teams have tours of their shops or merchandise for sale. Since race time can be especially busy for teams when it's in their hometown, we suggest you contact them first for their schedule. Many will be open early/late to accommodate race fans. Race Shops
- The NASCAR Hall of Fame opened in May of 2010. This isn't your typical museum as it includes a display that mimics the banking at a few tracks, racing simulator experiences, interactive displays, a theater and restaurants. Entry is by timed tickets so be sure to plan ahead to get in on the day and time you want by visiting the NASCAR Hall of Fame site.
FAQ during Non-Event time:
- I am visiting but it's not during a race. Is there anything for me to see?
- Yes! Stop by the CMS Gift Shop and sign up for a tour of the track. Often you will be taken on a van ride where you can experience the banking first hand followed by a stop in Victory Circle. Tour spaces are limited so we suggest you contact the gift shop at 704-455-3204 or 704-455-3235 to check on availability and schedule. Tours are just $5.
- I am visiting during the summer - anything to see?
- If you are here on Tuesdays from June through the first part of August contact the track to see about Summer Shootout. Summer Shootout features Legends Cars, Bandoleros and special entertainment like School Bus Races and Mascot Races. Contact the ticket office at 800-455-3267 for information and schedule.
- Can I drive my car on the track?
- You can during the Souvenir Blowout - the Friday after Thanksgiving from 8 am to 6 pm. Purchase $50 of merchandise or tickets (or a $25 donation to Speedway Children's Charities) and you can drive your car on the track. Rules and restrictions do apply - contact the ticket office at 800-455-3267 for more information.
- What about driving schools?
- Several driving schools use Charlotte Motor Speedway throughout the year. For a list, check this link
- Stop by the NASCAR Hall of Fame!
- This isn't your typical
museum as it includes a display that mimics the banking at a few
tracks, racing simulator experiences, interactive displays, a theater
and restaurants. Entry is by timed tickets so be sure to plan ahead to
get in on the day and time you want by visiting the NASCAR
Hall of Fame site.